I've been guilty of saying the same thing about clothes, reducing my children to nothing more than mannequins to dress up and show off and perhaps make a statement about myself.
Now that I have a little girl, I confess, the clothes are fun.
But Madeira is obviously so much more than what she wears.
She is sweet. She is clever.
She can be a princess. She can be tough. She can be funny or whiny or longsuffering.
She is a little mongoose, eaten up from nose to tail with curiosity.
She will have what you're having at the table, thankyouverymuch.
She has a trademark expression. (Yes, I would like a dollar for every time someone has commented that "she looks so concerned...")
She is a one toothed wonder.
She is a miracle, a blessing, a gift.
But one thing is certain: she has her mama right where she wants her. I would do anything for this little lady.

I want to see tooth.
ReplyDeleteGirl clothes are fun, but honestly I'm ready for some little boy clothes again...I'm kinda hoping that we get a boy in May! Regardless of gender, I'm pretty well set for clothes anyway, so my preference isn't that strong. :) Love the collage of Madeira! She is just so adorable!
ReplyDeleteAnd lest you think I didn't even read your blog post, I totally agree about the kids being more than their clothes. :) It's amazing to me how all 3 of our kids are so unique personality-wise. Tirzah is rough-and-tumble, pretty much a girl Max...Nora is at the stage where she will only wear dresses, though, so clothes ARE a big deal to her! :)
ReplyDeleteYou must not be finding out the gender this go-around. :) It will be interesting to see what Madeira ends up being like - I might have these great clothes and outfits in mind and she won't agree with me.
DeleteIf your second is anything like mine she will definitely have an opinion about what she wears and it most likely won't be what you think looks good or cute!! ;)
DeleteSo, so precious :). I just want to squeeze her.
ReplyDeleteDITTO!
ReplyDelete