Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.
It turns what we have into enough, and more.
It can turn a meal into a feast,
A house into a home,
A stranger into a friend.
Melody Beattie
![]() |
Last year, my family made a thankful tree where we all wrote down our thanks on paper leaves and tied them to the tree. (Sorry for the terrible picture - Lisa's house, while quite charming, doesn't have ideal lighting and I'm not a skilled photographer.)
Today, I'm thankful for so many things: God's love and my redemption, my family, my friends, my health, my home, coffee with cream, naptime, the opportunity to create, and on and on.
Reflecting on what I give thanks for makes me humbled. What did I do to deserve any of these things? Nothing. And so my thanks begins all over again.
What are you thanking God for today?
Leave a comment by November 21st for a chance to win an Heirloom Recipe Cookbook!
*And the winner is Erin! Randomly selected by random.org. I'll mail that out to you next week.
As always, if any of you are still interested in a cookbook, I have a few. :) Thanks for participating; it was fun to read the comments!*
*And the winner is Erin! Randomly selected by random.org. I'll mail that out to you next week.
As always, if any of you are still interested in a cookbook, I have a few. :) Thanks for participating; it was fun to read the comments!*

I'm thankful for my Lord and Saviour, my husband, my two little miracles, my family, that I get to be a stay-at-home mom, coffee with LOTS of french vanilla creamer, a warm house on cold days, and so much more :)
ReplyDeleteAbby Lindeen
(I don't need a cookbook: already have one...though if someone could mail it out to SoCal, that would be great!) But I am thankful; for God's love. For sunny days. For niece & nephews. For new adventures. For a church family. For brand-new journals. For slow Saturdays. For friends with a sense of humor. And on and on.
ReplyDeleteThings that pop to mind...my daughter Ryleigh Anne, my husband, my God, for 5 senses, for all my body parts, for health, for a wonderful God centered family, for friends, for a free country, for PEACE, for water, for food, for health care, a roof over my head, and shoes, clothes on my back (& CLOSETS FULL), also a sound mind. & for the technologies/conviniences of today (cars, electricity, running water...) I could go on and on...
ReplyDeleteWow, I might have a chance for this cookbook :-) Just found your site recently--nice! Thanking God today for friendships, gourmet and fun foods (and people I can consult with on the details!) and "down time." -Michelle B
ReplyDeleteSo many! I'm thankful for the shed blood of my savior. My wonderful husband. A close knit family and parents that brought me up to know what is most important in life. Thankful for health, a beautiful home, new experiences, sleep, paint, books, coffee, chocolate, and food.
ReplyDeleteDitto to what so many others have said...but I was struck again Saturday evening and reminded that I am so thankful we go to a large church and can hear testimonies so often. It is so encouraging to know that God still calls and can work in people's lives.
ReplyDeleteLori
I'm thankful that I was brought up the way I was to know the Truth and that God has provided me with a loving husband and blessed us with two wonderful kiddos. Thankful for this Thanksgiving season, which causes us to sit back and reflect on what we're thankful for. I could list many of the above answers as well...
ReplyDelete