I discovered it at a wine tasting and food sampling event in Fairbury (really!) last Saturday, and seriously, my life is improved.
Up until then, I wouldn't have considered myself a bleu cheese person. Not really. I tended to find the flavor overwhelming. But I have slowly been getting a little more into it - I had a dip that I raved about for a while made with bleu cheese. Which is probably why I sampled this stuff at the tasting. And it was creamy, nutty, melt in the mouth, oh so delicious...
And it's made right in Illinois! By Ludwig Farmstead Creamery. For you locals, they sell some of their cheese at Kilgus Dairy, although I can't say if this particular cheese is there.
You must try some.
Note: The monogrammed cheese board and knife is from The Antique Shoppe about 4 or 5 years ago. I've just been dying for the perfect chance to use it! Thanks, Wendy. :)
It is very tasty and since my boys can't get past the mold, I get my chunk of cheese all to myself!
ReplyDeleteFood IS so fun to rave about. It is a necessity and yet, it needn't be mundane.
ReplyDeleteThat cheese must have been incredibly as this is the second time I've heard tell of it.
ReplyDelete