The last time we were up there was 5 years ago, in the middle of a roasting July. (Disclaimer: it was still a great trip.) Going in September made for perfect camping weather - cold enough for coffee in the morning and evening and warm enough for beach and outdoor time during the day.
Surprise! Found a flat tire when we pulled into our campsite.
Jeremy's craigslist camping table. Yes, he is proud of it.
Our site was right beside the campground and the bathrooms. :)
Making Mountain Man's Breakfast one morning. It was a hit!
She was digging this trike. She needed a push every now and then but did pretty well riding herself.
That girl in the pink pants? She's Miss Bossy. I believe she's telling the boys they shouldn't throw sand...notice the sand throwing in the background?
Teacher Jodi having the
The beach was empty (yes!), and the water was cold but the kids didn't seem to mind. To be fair, the water was cold at nearly all the places I took the kids swimming this summer, so they were probably used to it.
River's collection of "shells".
Sand, sand everywhere...
Trying to fly kites at the beach. It was not really windy enough.
Finally got it up in the air.
Finally. A nap after a busy day on the beach.
Poor little guy. Some lady went by our site and said that "her" seat was so cute! Does he look even a little bit like a girl?!?! No, he does not.
This fence made a handy clothesline.
Prepping hobo dinners.
Ingenius or lazy? Using a roasting stick to propel the lady when needed...
I don't believe I mentioned that spare also needed fixed...
I did not stem from a family of campers. I recall camping the year Wes was a baby (89!) at Mohican with another family. We tent camped and he must not have liked his bed made from a box because it seemed like he cried all night. Then we went to Turkey Run years later (94?) and it rained. A lot. We didn't go after that.
So I wasn't really sure how this whole camping this was going to work out, me being a novice and all. But we had so much fun, I'm planning trips for next year. :) Wanna come?




















Yeah...not sure if we'll be a camping family either. Too much work! Dar isn't crazy about it either (win!). Finny's got just one expression, it would appear.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see him in 3 weeks!