Tuesday, March 18, 2014

year 2 for my deira

So this year I found a party on pinterest that inspired Mad's 2nd birthday celebration. I didn't get anywhere near as fancy pants as whoever did the original but it worked for us. :)

 Cake, candies, and snack set out on Wendy's amazing chevron table.

 Mad's fat little owl cake. A Dotterer owl apparently...





 Uncle Wes helping put on her new TOMs. :)

 The spread.
 A certain someone had a rather hard time with the understanding that it wasn't his birthday quite yet...
At the end of every party, I get a lot critical of myself and think that things weren't quite as perfect as I was hoping. And River got a fever the night before and was dosed on meds for the party. And my house felt too small and too loud.
So also at the end of every party, I have to remind myself of this - do I have a birthday party because I love my kids and want to celebrate their growth in a way that they'll enjoy? Or is it somehow weirdly about me and how great of a hostess/party planner/cake maker I am?
Clearly it's not about me.
Enjoy the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment