Wednesday, February 26, 2014

first class quirks

Before I forget too many little things about everyday life around here, I thought I'd share some of my children's quirks, singly and collectively and a few of mine as well.
His preference for sleeping somewhere other than his bed.

 Towers, bridges, race tracks, train tracks...

 Crowning the bears
 "Cooking" with fake food
 His friends (there are more than these 2 but when they're home - he loves to be with them)
 Macaroni & cheese
 His "target" gun, R cape, rocket shirt, and "broken" pants
 Hers: books
 Making herself comfortable wherever
 Coloring
 Wearing my glasses
 "Nacks"

Wearing head bands backwards, purses, and painted toes
 
 
 Cleaning. She loves getting a wet rag and going to town...this will probably last until she'd be pretty good at it.
 Theirs - gun fights
 Playing "hide and seek" in Madeira's closet. No one is either hiding or seeking but as long as they have fun and behave...whatever.
 Posing for me so well.
Anything for breakfast involving syrup
 There are fights, disagreements, and tears here at times. But they wouldn't know what to do without each other.

 Me: organizing, organizing, organizing...more info on that to come as I continue the process of purging my house of the unnecessary and cleaning things up.
 Pitching. I went through all my portfolios from school and while it was hard (hello, Lisa!), I made myself get rid of all that work I went to, typing up recipes and writing papers, etc. I haven't consulted them in 6 years so I figure I should let them go.
 Spring is on my mind. I've switched to mostly iced coffee by now.

There are more than just these things, of course. River has already informed me of what he'd like packed for his school lunch (butter and jam - meaning pb&j). Madeira has her favorite dresses and boots and shoes, etc. One loves baths, the other fights tooth and nail when it comes to being cleaned. They both reappropriate my kitchen tools and coins from the coin jar. River wants to be read the same 3 books over and over until I finally introduce him to a new one. Madeira loves to dance. They both tell me not to sing. :(
Life is a crazy little journey with both of them!

1 comment:

  1. Love it all. I feel like I'm there! Keep posting the mundane:)

    ReplyDelete