Sometimes I think I need to pinch myself - how lucky am I to be the mother of these two little urchins? (And just to keep it real, sometimes I think I need to pinch them...)
Before we had any kids, I remember talking to several young moms with young kids, and they seemed to have nothing positive to say about the whole parenting experience. I wasn't averse to having kids but I was a little perplexed - surely it wasn't all that bad? I asked one of them why they even had children (I was being totally serious), and she did admit there were times when they were really sweet.
Now that I have my own kids, the days are the best and worst of times, just like about any other time in my life.
I don't know why it's this way but it's like we need to train ourselves to enjoy the life we have, in the time we have it.
So I'm thankful for pictures like this, when I slow down, watch my kids play, and truly love what I have.
Thank you, Lord!
Having kids takes a lot of grace and patience from God! I have learned from the bumps along the way and enjoyed the exciting times that come from raising little ones. They truly are a gift from above!
ReplyDeleteWell said! I can't wait to watch my little munchkin tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteHaha...love the 'pinching' lines...I agree with both of them! We are on vacation right now and I've found myself thinking about that during the times we have been dealing with overstimulated/whiny/tired of walking kids. I still look at them and can't believe I'm so blessed that they are mine and we get to take them on vacation, even if they are positive they can't take ONE. MORE. STEP! :) As I've been telling people when they ask how having 4 kids is going, it depends on what day you ask me! :)
ReplyDeleteI forgot to say that I love that picture of both of them drinking out of the spigot...what cute little country kids! :)
ReplyDelete