Monday, March 4, 2013

mini vacation

 It must be the season to travel - any time I get on facebook anymore, I read about people going to Australia, Aruba, Hawaii, Israel, etc.
Well la dee dah, folks. I got to go to the Wisconsin Dells. (Yes, that was a lot of sarcasm.)
Actually, in spite of not being a very exotic destination, it was quite relaxing. One day, as I was floating along the lazy river on a tube with my little girl snuggled on my lap, watching fat, lazy snow drift down out of the windows, I truly felt like I was on vacation.
I also have an imagination (unlike some on the trip with us) so while it was snowing so beautifully, and I was relaxing inside my rustic lodge, I imagined I was in Aspen. It worked.
Madeira enjoyed the little water fountains in the pool. I was somewhat sad to see how old she looks in these pictures, all chubby and sweet in her cute little swimming suit.
River was too small to go down very many slides by himself. I wish I could have gotten pictures of his face on the ones he went down with us, rigid with terror. Poor kid, he seemed to do well with all of it.
 The Sealtite crew and families. :) It was a stressful picture taking experience.



4 comments:

  1. River needs some more meat on his bones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, my little sweeties. Deira does look so grown-up. I miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deira looks so precious in her suit. And River looks so tall and lanky. Such sweet kiddos.

    ReplyDelete