Thursday, February 28, 2013

we continue working on our house of dreams...








It's a good thing my husband enjoys spending time in his dad's work shop. As soon as he finishes one wood project, there's another thing for him to do. :) Ah, the joys of being married to me!
This wood shelf has been talked about since we moved into our house (over 4 years ago!) and let me tell you how awesome it is finding a home for the books that lined the wall in my studio upstairs for quite some time.
As for the shelves, this was to give us a little more room in the downstairs bathroom without cramming it full of cabinetry.
I am particularly pleased with that glass terrarium thing. I had just looked at it in the West Elm catalog and then found mine the next day at Target for a fraction of the cost. Ah, I love you, Target! Only problem with a planter is that I don't have a green thumb. It would be easier for me if my plants just died so I could throw them away but no. They limp along, clinging desperately to life. They never thrive, they never die. It's quite frustrating.


With these two, I hear a lot of fighting. I also hear a lot of play, mostly hide and seek. They give new meaning to the word "munchkins", eating everything in sight.
They are entirely sweet though.
As for me, I'm busy with Sharemy Sales, wedding plans, being the world's best mother (!), and putting Martha Stewart to shame.

2 comments:

  1. The book shelf looks marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't have believed you about the fighting...if we hadn't just babysat them. How do such little people start fighting so early?
    But they are so precious. We love those kids!

    ReplyDelete