Thursday, June 7, 2012

Surviving Monday

I know, I know, I've made it to Thursday. But I have this laundry list of things to complain about. (Don't you just want to keep reading?!?!)
Speaking of laundry, my washer isn't spinning or rinsing the clothes right. There's a dead mole on my patio. I guess I could move it myself but that's the cat's job. River grabbed the roll of flab on my stomach yesterday. Our water is still hard despite my remarks to Jeremy and my hair has looked greasy for a week even though it's been washed. River has a runny nose again. And when people comment on it, I feel like it's somehow my fault even though he gets enough sleep, enough food, I have him wear a coat outside when it's cool. And I even give him a vitamin every day, shamelessly calling it candy.
The other day when Riv was supposed to be taking his nap, I kept hearing him coughing. So fearful that he might cough til he puked, I pulled a Florence Nightengale and decided to give him a spoonful of honey. He didn't even get a sip of honey down before he gagged and puked all over himself. This is why I'm not and never will be a nurse.
I have my favorite bars sitting on the counter which ordinarily would make me happy except for that comment above about getting my fat roll pinched.
I was driving into Fairbury the other day, thoroughly annoyed with life, when I heard the song "The Happiest Girl in the Whole USA". It took that cheesy song to remind me that I do have a good life. I have 2 sweet kids. One hard working, good looking husband. Porch furniture. Books to read on the porch furniture. We're healthy. I have a few friends.
And really, I didn't want to do the laundry anyway.




 I know. Cute kids. Fun cousins. Iced coffee while reading a book. Cream cheese bars (from Heirloom Cookbook!). Life is good.






5 comments:

  1. Hahah, I must say that I did have a chuckle at your expense... I really have to agree with you about the cute kids, they are so very, very cute! I love your patio furniture, well, the little piece of it I saw in the corner of a photo :) Also, I might just add that I prefer hard water versus soft, or that's just what I'm used to out here on the east coast :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kenny will be so proud that his "Alex face" made an appearance on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Shara...I wish you lived closer! I think we'd be good for each other. :) I've had about the same kind of week, mostly because of my own attitudes about everything. Thanks for the good reminder! And yes, your kids ARE adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you ever need a break, I know someone that would love to take said cute kids...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, I wished we lived closer too!
    And Sarah, maybe your hair is used to the hard water. Or maybe it's just that your hair is nicer than mine period.
    Jen, you are a great aunt - just don't want to take advantage of that greatness! :)

    ReplyDelete