Wednesday, June 27, 2012

4 Years Together

On our honeymoon - June 2008
Jeremy and I just had our 4th anniversary. I'd say we just celebrated it, except that we did not celebrate it, unless eating pizza in Fairbury counts as a celebration. I, for one, do not think so. That would at least require a trip to Reality Bites.
I'm not a very romantic person, sadly. The longer I'm married, the more I realize this. In fact, my expectations have sunk to the depths of being glad Jeremy makes it home for supper, let alone back rubs, toothpaste applied to my toothbrush :), flowers, breakfast in bed, etc.
And yet, as we recently studied in a Bible study, women need to be loved. I am no exception.
The following story illustrates just how I know that Jeremy loves me in a very real way.
We weren't married for very long when I was shopping at Daves and saw this young kid putting up a paper on the bulletin board in the store, saying he needed work. I'm not really sure why it triggered such emotion in me. Maybe it was because he looked so pathetic. More likely because I'm such a tender hearted person. :) Whatever the reason, I could just hardly stand it that this poor boy didn't have work! Why didn't someone help him out? I was sobbing as I related this story to Jeremy. I'm sure he was sitting there wondering what on earth he'd gotten himself into with this sniveling woman by his side for life. But being the male problem solver that he is, he carved some time out of his day to personally seek this kid out and talk to him.
Oh what a love! He listens to me! That act of kindness is worth more than 20 years of roses to me.
And that is how I like to hear "I love you".
After introducing Jeremy to Bacaro in Champaign. A different dining experience for him - he was a good sport!

No comments:

Post a Comment