Yesterday I gave him a wooden spoon to play with to keep him occupied for like 30 seconds and he was whacking it around on his high chair tray and intermittently would whack himself on the head. I could tell he didn't really like that but when he saw me watching him, he put on the most pitiful face and acted like it really hurt. It was hysterical.
Did anyone else read the Limbaugh Letter that had Julian Assange and Hillary Clinton on the back? I almost died laughing reading about the WikiWaif and the Arkansas Broadbeam going at it.
My house should probably get a Dutch cleaning here pretty soon. Except that I really don't feel like it - I feel like it in mind but physically I don't want to scrub and clean. Does that make sense?
I'm going to try to get some food made for Tami Aberle and Michelle Schaffer today.
And alas that it is like freezing outside. I really don't want to go to the turkey farm...
And I have 3 measly pictures to make a scrapbook page for Clint and LeAnne for Alexander the Great. He is going to owe me. :)
I was going to mention this hilarious Elaine story from Friday night and forgot so I'll tack it on now. Someone asked Elaine where Becky was and she acted like she didn't really keep track of them but since they ate meals together, she did mark "G.S." on the calendar for "girls gone."
ReplyDeleteThere was a long silence and then someone pointed out that "gone" doesn't start with an "s". Elaine floundered around and said that she meant "G.O.". She finally stopped trying to find more letters and just let someone tell her what she really was attempting to say. :) It was so funny.
And needless to say, I am not Mr. Social.
ReplyDeleteWow, wow, wow. That is one funny story. Bonnie made a little error when she booked her Ireland tickets yesterday and called to tell me about it. "I pulled a Lisa," she said. Looks like Elaine's mistakes are way more funny.
ReplyDeleteAnd that little chub around River's wrists is so sweet!
And there is yet another Elaine story: Trent and Tiffany were at potluck on Friday night and we were discussing the things that Tiffany cannot eat, namely wheat. Elaine pointed to one of her rolls and announced that it didn't have wheat in it! I was just about to ask her what WAS in it when she gave a sheepish giggle and admitted that it didn't have whole wheat in it...cause since the name wheat isn't in flour, that means wheat isn't in flour. Or something like that.
ReplyDeleteToo funny! I think everytime we are with Elaine, we have another funny story to tell.
ReplyDeleteDid you see my triumphant fb post about how much faster my internet is now? :)
ReplyDeleteI am traumatized. I went out to the kitchen this morning and saw a rat running around on the counters. Fortunately, the long underwear-clad man of the house wielded a big stick. The rat ran toward him and Bryan dealt him one swift blow - and was dead. I am so disgusted that I kind of want to move. We don't have problems with mice. How can we have a rat?!
ReplyDeleteOK that is bad. Very bad. Get some poison and rat traps. And bleach your kitchen! Eww.
ReplyDeleteMaybe the rat is eating the mice. At least whatever animal is living in our basement keeps a low profile. Although it's still nasty that we don't know what it is.
ReplyDeleteAnyone want to go to Outback tomorrow night? I have a $20 gift card that I won't be able to use and it expires tomorrow. First come, first served with this offer. Also texting everyone.
i miss out on everything! rats, free meals, elaine stories...instead I'm stuck in cbus whre i'm forced to go to ballets, and downtown italian restaurants, and jeni's and paint tedious watercolors. (sigh)
ReplyDeleteYou people are lame. Rats, as well as Elaine-isms, and free meals are all a part of normal life. It's time for a hint of minty freshness. Riv is good, though. Very interesting.
ReplyDeleteWes, if only people knew you a little better. They are missing out on one of the best things in life.
ReplyDeletedo you want to write the story to go along with my illustrations? we could be the next dr. seuss.
ReplyDeleteWes, great idea. This could help you out with your loan payments! And "Wes Humor" is one of the great things about being related to you.
ReplyDeleteWho would write the story, Lisa or Wes?
ReplyDeleteWes of course. Lisa would edit. Jen would illustrate. The rest of us could laugh!
ReplyDeleteI'll second that! Maybe i could be the financial investiture and help Wes help himself get out of debt (and pay me back)
ReplyDeleteYeah, let's see what all of us can do to get ol' Wes back on his feet. Maybe he needs to start squeezing his financial cheeks.
ReplyDeleteAre you kidding? My financial cheeks can crack walnuts and the occasional finger. Good news though, I just paid off two tool drivers this week and my medical bill I got today will be the last. That frees up enough cash to blow on unnecessary computer equipment, the eagle, truck repairs, and junk food. Oh, Mom, Alex, and Caleb may want their money back, so I guess some goes to them, too.
ReplyDelete