Friday, January 21, 2011

Remembrance

I was just thinking today about our trip to Oregon after Dad died. There was a man on the plane that helped out with the little kids. I think I remember him because he seemed like the type of guy to not normally like kids or be patient with them. And yet he was with us. I always supposed it was because he saw a single woman herding around 7 slightly abnormal kids (first flight for many) and could sense that we needed some kindness. I wish I could thank him.

10 comments:

  1. That's interesting Shara, I guess I do not remember anyone lending us a kindly hand. Maybe there is hope for humanity after all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember this at all, either. That's too bad, because it's the kind of thing I love. I think the best way to pay him back or thank him is to do the same for someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't remember it either, Shara, but I wish I did. I remember many other times people helped us out - like the mechanic that helped start our van on top of Cadillac MT in Maine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got a coffee table and end table ordered today! :) 15% off and 3% back at ebates. :)
    Isn't is nice to know there's still some nice people left in the world?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We got some new couches last night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm ready for another couch in our living room, Lisa, as I explained last night.
    I was reading this article on simplemom last night about things in our life being urgent and things being important. And too often we do the urgent things and neglect the important things. Since we're now in our Crown class, this seems to be something that I need to work on in my life. It especially noted having some kind of written core value plan and then working your life to make sure that you keep those values in the front. Just food for thought!
    Riv fell off the bed last night. And he is not sleeping good at all. All I can say is he better not be getting into a mommy-only stage right now because that is not going to work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What kind of couches did you get Lisa? I never understood why kids wouldn't sleep even when they were tired. It is not hard, just shut your eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Especially when I wish I could sleep, but I don't have the time! I did get to sleep early yesterday because the ice storm knocked out our power and there wasn't anything else to do. Early is 10.
    I was just thinking about our trip to Oregon too. I tried to impress upon Angelina how insane it was to have all 8 of us in the Excursion, and I told her about Evan's tooth catastrophe, but I don't think she really understood the chaos. A chaos that I do, however, adore.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A chaos that I occasionally adore. I'm glad I'm not immersed in it at all times right now.
    Jen, I'm having a hard time leaving comments on your blog right now. It says I need to enable cookies which they are enabled and I still can't leav comments.
    So much for my busy week - no plans last night or tonight. We'll see if we make it to that meeting in Bloomington tomorrow.
    I made some really yummy hot pretzels last night. It was a Renee recipe/Sterling cookbook recipe. I looked at both of them and they were exactly the same! I mixed up the dough in the bread machine (thanks, Mim!), and then brushed them with butter after baking and ate them with warm cream cheese. Delicious! Jeremy wasn't impressed with my chunky minestrone soup from my Cooking Light slow cooker cookbook. He asked me if I really thought he would like it since there was (gasp) spinach in it. I thought it was tasty but now I have lots of leftover soup to eat. I cleverly put some in the freezer and made up a container for you, Jen. Let's see if I can get it to you sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. yummy. i will be home next weekend.

    ReplyDelete