Monday, November 8, 2010




This little man is growing fast. I love the picture of him chewing on his crib. :) He was pretty happy to be sitting up with the aid of the boppy pillow.
But mainly for the one of you that doesn't get to see Riv on a biweekly basis, he is much more active and will probably fall out of the swing one of these days. I really should put it away except that he nows seems to enjoy it more than when he fit nicely in there. And the shower curtain picture showcases just how much he loves to lay on the floor in the bathroom and chew on the curtain. No idea why that should be so much fun but anyhoo...
Wes, you didn't get those pictures of Matthew to me in time. How hard is it to upload the pix to shutterfly? You have to get me real pictures now - not getting them printed for you. ("So there," she said in a petulant tone.)
The only other news is wedding plans. I had the *gasp* nerve to say on the way to Arlen's wedding on Sunday morning that I wasn't ready for Al to get married and JR said he was old enough and I pretty much just need to deal with whatever. As if Gimp had a clue. About anything. But really, I've had enough change in the family to tide me over for a while. I'm just afraid that ol' Al is going to head over to Dan's and decide that he might as well get married since he's out of his mom's way and doesn't want to cook or do laundry. And that Lake Tahoe seems like a good honeymoon destination. And whatnot.



19 comments:

  1. whatever alex, you know it would look pretty tempting. yeah, our family takes a while to digest change. which is fine with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I know you better than you think, Al. After all, as far as you know, I've always been around. :) JR is a novice and a is not a Dotterer.
    There is a mouse in my pantry. Jeremy took some registers off for some reason and they got into his box of nutty bars. :) Actually nasty but anyhoo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a good place for a mouse. How is my little munchkin today?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Sir Cuteness (that would be River) I miss you!
    There's a mouse in my pantry sounds like a good children's book.
    Last night I had the annual student dinner at my house. My Mexican student brought tamales, mexican rice and menudo (a mexican soup made with tripe). I can say, without a doubt that none of you would have liked the soup. Think blobs of fat. That's what tripe tasted like. The tamales and rice were amazing. I made refried beans (delish) and chicken enchiladas (mediocre)and a fried ice cream recipe that was actually decent. Just roll the ice cream in granola and drizzle with warmed honey/butter/cinnamon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I have heard that tripe is nasty stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ding dong, the mouse is dead... :)
    Thinking of eating big blobs of fat just isn't doing anything for me.
    Sharemy Sales is clipping right along. We have all the saws on backorder as of now with at least 2 pending orders for the saws. One of the saws is heading to Wasilla, AK, home of one Sarah Palin. And we got some contact info about shipping one to the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what is tripe anyway? it sounds like a silly little mammal that lives in meadows in southern england.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tripe is stomach lining, I think. It looks like soggy honeycomb. Glad Sharemy Sales is clipping along. I like my laptop bag so much, I am thinking about other ways to increase your saw sales :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Got my sour cream coffee cake made, my pears are poached, my frangipane filling made, my tart shell is baking, and I'm ready to put the soup together. I think I might have Al buy his own bread for tomorrow night. Kinda tired of a dirty kitchen. Speaking of dirty - my house is crusty but I don't feel like cleaning. Ick. Oh well, whatever excuse it takes to get this done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what's all the food for? i am desperately craving fine wine and dine. i was thinking about going out to eat by myself tonight even, but realized it wouldn't really be worth it by myself. i eat things til they're gone here. so i had spaghetti for two meals today...and will probably have it for two tomorrow too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My house is very clean right now. Thanks to B's stellar housekeeping skills on Saturday.
    Riv looked so cute in his little outfit and new blankie yesterday. I love that kid.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We had company this weekend. The pear tart was yummy - I will make again.
    I left Riv with Carol this am while I ran some errands in town. He was a little whiny there (but not until I came to pick him up fortunately) - I'm finding out that he's generally happier at home...got a little homebody on my hands, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh boy! Guess who's never going to leave you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Riv was sooooo cute Wednesday night!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, he is generally cute. He behaved himself quite well at Mark & Natalie's last night - took his bottle and stuff.
    My tables are all set and ready for company tonight. Think Carol's going to have him for a little bit while we eat, then she'll bring him back out.
    I didn't shut the back door tight when I went to the turkey farm today and then dog got in and dragged most of our shoes out into the yard. She fortunately didn't chew any of them. Unlike last time when she nibbled my cream pumps.
    Speaking of the turkey farm, Matti was a total grump today...but Drora gave me an immersion blender since she said she never uses it. :) Totally awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I miss Riv! Seems like forever since I have seen him.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Got your River fix last night. :)
    Lisa, the CD is cute - the rock n roll song must have been the one that you were talking about with the kids chattering. I forgot to give you your chili. :(
    Shopping today...kinda tired of shopping and dragging the infant around.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad you liked the CD. And I want that chili!

    ReplyDelete