Wednesday, June 16, 2010

River Russell










My little turtle baby is doing pretty well. He doesn't sleep so great in his OLD crib thingie, not that I blame him. The mattress seems pretty uncomfortable so he ends up sleeping in bed with us a lot, especially since I know that he'll settle down and I can sleep for a little bit anyway.
Otherwise, it's business as usual. I tend to get up later than I used to and just eating breakfast this morning was a little bit tricky but we'll get all these things worked out.
Al is here right now - doing his little bit on the couch, Lisa! :)
Jenna got the mobile done so hopefully we'll be able to hang it up tonight. I'll post a picture later.
Thanks to all of you for the meals, gifts, and help! Nothing like family!

13 comments:

  1. I can't really tell in the last picture, but, Jenna, is Turtle River smiling at you? If so, not fair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes he was smiling. Although it's more of a reflex than a real smile. He grinned at me this morning but it was about 1 second long and I didn't have the camera at the ready so it will have to remain in my mind.
    Riv will hate it but...he's getting his first sponge bath tonight.
    I took him on his first outing today and as I was walking into Dave's, who should be coming out but Jen and the nephs. So they watched him over at the library in the yard while I got groceries and ran to Ace. It worked out very, very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turtle baby is well behaved whenever I hold him. I remember all those sleepless nights though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And how did "Turtle baby" come about?

    ReplyDelete
  5. "She don't know it's a toitle", said Curly. He is a cute little turtle. We'll have to come see him tonight or tomorrow. Can we bring you anything from Dave's or anything from anywhere else?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You don't think he looks a little bit like a turtle? Especially when he sucks in his lower lip.
    I took Riv to the Dr. yesterday and all is well. He's eating good and peeing often...and he's only lost 1 oz since birth so that's all good.
    I don't think I need anything. We have a full frig right now. And Grandma S. brought some rolls over last night and guess what? Jeremy took the whole plate to work with him this morning. Good thing I didn't want any.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You finally got to meet your baby and see what he looks like and who he is. Isn't it fun?

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes, it is although he's still developing into his own little person. he's stuck with my chin though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. At least it isn't a weak chin - sunk in! It isn't a bad thing to be stuck with your chin. My Grandma Schaffer had it; so does Grandma Steidinger, me, you, and now your little son.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How did River do at the doctor? Is he gaining weight? I feel like I haven't seen him in forever and this weekend is so busy....

    ReplyDelete
  11. He gained 12 oz since last week so he now weighs 7# 13 oz. He stills looks like a baby though. Even cuter than ever, if I say so myself with his face filling out and stuff. He's being a little angel, sitting in his carseat, ready to go run some errands.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I miss that little peanut, too!
    My three incisions are kinda sore, but otherwise I am doing okay. Go back to the doctor on Tuesday and hopefully return to work on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I hope you keep feeling OK, Lise. Let me know if you need anything.
    A weekend for weddings - one on Sat. & one on Sun. What a thrill!
    Too bad he can't tell him but I think River is tired of his daddy showing him off. Or maybe that's just me. :)

    ReplyDelete