The top pictures is me with my coworkers. Emily, Veronica, Seka, Alla, and Alaa. It's a rather hideous picture of all of us, I don't mind saying.
Baby's room! I found curtain fabric which I'm hoping my mother-in-law will help me with and I found some curtain rods today. And Jen and I whipped up some pillows the other day for the bed. Sad to say, I'm getting a little bit too much brown and cream in that room. I like brown too much.
And last night Jeremy hung up the shelf over the changing table and added some cool things. I keep giving him a hard time about not having a cool embroidered picture to put on the shelf with mine. He loves that.
I pulled my little dresses out this morning and am sad to note the barf stains on them so I'm going to attempt to get them out. Icky.
Started packing for the hospital last night.
Looks like Jeremy's roofing supplies just arrived. He's not working on it this weekend though - can't find enough help.
What I find incredibly ironic is that Bryan thinks it's amazing that Shane helps with the roof when Bryan doesn't!
ReplyDeleteVery cool stuff going on at the Leman's! Love the new baby stuff.
It's not like Bryan couldn't help if he had the time...:) Beggars can't be choosers though so we'll take non family help when we get it.
ReplyDeleteWas hoping to go to the park for a picnic tonight so here's to the rain being gone by then!
Also another yucky day for games day at Meadowbrook. They'll be doing their stuff in the gym again this year.
And btw, you're looking very slim in the pic, Shara.
ReplyDeleteSo you like brown, eh? I will trade you my chariot straight up. And props for the family member guilt trip, very classic.
ReplyDeleteYeah, games day was kinda a bust. About 3/4 through the kids had to go indoors. They did get to play outside for a bit. Simon is whining for some reason. Driving me crazy.
ReplyDeleteGuess we'll let Simon act like a whiny little kid every now and again.
ReplyDeleteYes, I do like brown. And congrats, Wes, you taught little bro well. He fixed my computer to a nicety. Nothing on it but at least it works now.
Not sure that chariot is what I'm liking. Only if it was an acadia chariot. :)
See, I am all that is man, Shara. Ya'll are lucky to know me, much less see me. I am too kind. Actually Evan does his own research. He did, however, call for assistance, of which I didn't do much. But I'm glad. You and Alex need to get out of the Acadia groove and move more Flex-ish.
ReplyDeleteSnort!!!!!! You are all that is man! What is that anyway?
ReplyDeleteI could deal with the flex. Or a traverse.
I'm bored. Any ideas for something fun to do tonight with fun people?
Hey! Jeremy is potentially selling another saw to a big insulation company in Ireland! The guy that called him originally is named "Feargal". Now there's an idea.
ReplyDeleteAnd for those of you that think Jeremy's a slacker, he was up at 3:15 this AM to get to work before the heat was in full force. I was impressed.
Go Jeremy!!!That is a smart thing to do. Selling saws and getting up before the heat of the day.
ReplyDeleteI'm excited and a little nervous about my new job. The nervous part is that I will be respondible for paychecks. People are pretty touchy about getting all that is due them. The office has nice big windows to the south and west. I have only a little window that faces north now. I hope I will still be able to say I love my job.
Well mother I am excited that you are close to loving your job already, at least i assume that's what you meant.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure it will be fine, Mom. I've made mistakes on the hours on the time cards for the turkey farm and I'm still alive. I'm sure people will realize that you didn't do it on purpose if there is a mistake. Why did they switch jobs anyway?
ReplyDeleteOff to continue my job of scrubbing the growth off the porch siding so we can paint it. :( Ick. I did make some mint tea this morning to console myself with a hot day's work though.
And I spent WAY too much time yesterday trying to clean some mud out of my carpet. Ran out of my regular stain remover and the other stuff I have doesn't do a good job. Worked at it again this morning. This time, I think I got it.
Did some push mowing yesterday so I could mulch the garden. My garden looks pretty good (patting self on back) this year. I am not even minding the hot weather. I also console myself with mint tea - drink WAYYY too much of the stuff. Jerrett is getting off the bus with Ty and staying overnight. Jenna, you are babysitting tomorrow correct?
ReplyDeleteHmm, seemed to have lost my comment I just tried to publish. In a nutshell, I like mint tea, too and I now have an old person silver cap on my tooth if y'all would care to look and laugh.
ReplyDeleteMe next, Lise.
ReplyDeleteI got my living room curtains today!!!!!!!!!! And they are going to look awesome! I need to sew some extra fabric on the bottom since they're only 84" but at $17/panel, I thought it was worth it.
I thought the boys could come out tomorrow with Jen and work on painting the porch. :) and then we could eat fudgsicles and swim.
Swim where? Lisa, why did you have to get a silver cap on your tooth?
ReplyDeleteIt had a crack in it.
ReplyDeleteDale and Elaine's of course. Is there another place to go?
ReplyDeleteIs anybody doing anything fun this weekend??
ReplyDeleteWe are busy. Friday, supper at Dale and Elaine's. Sat. supper and singing at Ray and Shelly's. Sun. supper and singing at FH. Monday, Usborne booth in Sibley.
ReplyDeleteI'm getting TONS of comments on my outfit today (the black and white jacket with the yellow belt).
I want to see it!
ReplyDeleteGot my cool diaper bag today. For having a boring purpose, it looks pretty mod.
ReplyDeleteEv and I hung out this AM. He left a little bit ago to see what damage T & K & Jerrett did to his room.
We are not doing anything cool this weekend. You should go camping, Wendy. :)
My ribs are slow cooking in the oven right now, and my ice cream is almost ready to churn. Yay!
Sounds like a fun outfit, Lise.
Tory is too busy to camp, plus I was looking for something a little more relaxing. Maybe a cookout.
ReplyDeleteI heard the boyz are having an intense week :(. And everyone knows that Charlotte, our pig, died? I am too disturbed about it, but she was my favorite animal we have, I think.
ReplyDeleteWhy was the pig your favorite?
ReplyDeleteAnd what boyz are you referring to?
This is Shara, btw.
ReplyDeleteLisa, the only thing Charlotte did was eat, sleep, and poop. How can it be your favorite?
ReplyDeleteWatch it, that's all the kids do for like the first few months out of their lives.
ReplyDeleteThe boyz are Tory, Alex and Brain.
ReplyDeleteCharlotte was my favorite because she was like a dog. If you scratched her behind the ears...well, maybe you had to be there.
Yeah, Tory and Alex had to commiserate over a brewski last night.
ReplyDeleteIf my exquisite memory serves me wendy-bird, that wasn't pepsi you were drinking either!
ReplyDeleteThat's OK, Al. Wendy told me what was going on and I think I'd need a drink too. And I don't mean water either.
ReplyDeleteScored some jeans/pants for the nephs at the garage sales yesterday. :) what luck, I may turn into a garage sale junkie yet.
My fabulous Martha Stewart salad spinner died. I'm going to tell her how disappointed I am in her products. The thing only lasted two years.
The chimichangas were yummy and so were the ribs although they were a little salty. Note to self for next time.
ReplyDeleteBack from Pontiac safely. On the way home a van ran a stop sign and we almost clipped the back end of it. Swerved and stomped the brakes. Evan said it never slowed down - just blew through it. Adrenelin rush!!! Evan and I are planning on going to Wes' graduation. Wes thought Evan would look "thug in a bimmer". Wes stayed at Dick and Betsy Hany's last night. Going to Congerville with Sherri Schlatter tomorrow morning - in case you miss me.
ReplyDeleteWhat would a thug in a bimmer be?
ReplyDeleteHave fun in Congerville - sounds exciting!
Jeremy killed a big (for IL) and disgusting bull snake here today. First snake we've ever seen - but beware when you come to our house. Don't lay in da grass.
Idiot driver. Some people should not have their license.
Ask Wes about a thug in a bimmer. Those are his words. Doesn't it sound like him? Ty, Kenny, Simon, and I went to the cemetery tonight. Simon was sitting on Dad's stone. I wish I had a camera. He took a leaf from the cemetery home with us. I asked him where he got it and he said by Grandpa. It was like Simon was visiting with Dad. It was touching. Later we were out on the patio and a tractor and planter went by and Simon told me that a Kinzie(spelling?) planter went by. I think it was John Teubel's outfit. I called Grandma D and we yammered about an hour and 20 minutes to her. Grandma said she got a nice letter from Wendy today. Only thing in the mailbox she said. It pleased her.
ReplyDeleteWendy's doing a lot better than me. :( I haven't talked to grandma in a while.
ReplyDeleteI hate having platypus feet.
You'll soon get rid of them. Remember Jerry Nohl that died in a plane crash and left a pregnant wife and 2 children. She, Kristi, was announced yesterday in Morris to somebody from Morris. I'm not sure what year he died. Happy for them. I think his name is Ben Furrier.
ReplyDelete