Why is the week gorgeous until the weekend rolls around? And then it's windy, cloudy, and cold (even if just comparatively)? Better luck next weekend, I guess.
The top picture is of this great little Greek cafe by Harkness Beach in CT. And Sarah got a chicken sandwich there...apparently she gets them every time she eats out so she is now an EXPERT on chicken sandwiches.
Jamarcus (actually I'm not sure what his real name is but this one works well) helping us fly the kite at the beach.
The Inn at Turkey Hill in PA - very cool. And cheap!
Me, large as a barge.
Thursday night, when Jeremy made a picnic supper! How kind of him...for some reason as of late, I've had NO imagination when it comes to making supper.
That Inn does look gorgeous! I want to plant the rest of my garden and flowers on the weekends but they have been yucky lately. My house is relatively clean and I have some food made for tomorrow. I really need to do bookwork but........
ReplyDeleteBut why? I agree. I had a very lazy day today.
ReplyDeleteAlex's folly has its first casualty...JK. I know Al had NOTHING to do with it. Some people are just a danger on moving vehicles.
I bought the rest of my garden plants and will plant them along with your tomatoes. Another yucky day :(
ReplyDeleteNo kidding. I feel like hibernating. Where'd you buy the plants?
ReplyDeleteAce Hardware. I didn't have a lot of time.
ReplyDeleteLauren Skinner's (from CT and has Thyroid CA, 20 yrs old) cancer had spread to around her clavicle, neck and ear. We need to pray for her.
ReplyDeletei have to trim my nose hairs too. and stache, but i lost my tweezers down the drain, so i've been hairy of late. had to use my razor. i felt like a man, especially when i knicked my upper lip.
ReplyDeleteYou lost the tweezers down the drain? That's weird.
ReplyDeleteFor sure pray for the Skinners because Lauren's brother was killed several years ago. Her family has been through a lot.
I have a picture of the baby from the ultrasound - for those of you who don't know already, it has lots of hair, fat cheeks, and already weighs 6 lbs 8 oz. I better not go overdue, is all I can say about that. Oh yeah, and the legs are measuring short, I'm assuming as compared to the rest of the body which is totally a Jeremy thing. Hopefully all that hair is dark...Don't want it looking TOO much like its dad.
Boy or girl? I'm trying to weasel it out of you!
ReplyDeleteDon't know yet. The answer is sealed up in an envelope sitting on the table, waiting for Jeremy to get home. I was not allowed to find out without him.
ReplyDeleteDo you guys really want to know? Thought Jen didn't want to find out.
I do, but I don't want to know. I think I'll try to hold out.
ReplyDeleteYou are the picture of self restraint, Lisa. :)
ReplyDeleteTell that to Brain who has been on me since I ate a row of oreos the other night. Just a row!
ReplyDeleteOreos are not my thing. I have been craving some good ol mac n cheese (homemade of course).
ReplyDeleteYeah, oreos don't do much for me. Unless they've been mashed into some ice cream. And then I rather like them.
ReplyDeleteI worked with a serious German war machine today. Robby moves like a speed demon. If only John and Alaa were as capable...
Hey all. Just an update: turns out Kent is going to have surgery done on his shoulder. There were bone fragments broken up and the way it broke it won't heal right by itself, so I guess they're going to put a brace/plate in. Scheduled for Friday. And Oreos are so delicious with an ice cold glass of milk.
ReplyDeletethat's how you spell alaa? i though it was "alah." or alla. however the muslims say "God." don't find out!!!!! self-control is a virtue.
ReplyDeleteShara, I wasn't the only one that didn't know that there was a man Alaa and a woman Alaa working with you. How long has the she Alaa been working with you? Just so you all know, Wes graduates June 25. I will be going to it. Others may come along for the ride.
ReplyDeleteI feel sorry for Kent going through surgery. Can't do much about it but pray for him.
Lisa and I are going to see Jenna in Cbus one last time this school year.
How is that for a little play by play?
two more days. you know who has been uber annoying. i think God's doing that so I will actually want to leave cbus, if only to escape her.
ReplyDeleteit's working. i want to leave cbus. school anyway.
I think everyone is ready to be done with school. Kenny didn't want to go this morning. His teacher sent home a note yesterday about the kids no longer trying.
ReplyDeleteJust a few more hours, Jen, until we come out and see you!
ReplyDeleteAlaa is the Iraqian dude and Alla is the Russian woman. Just so you know.
ReplyDeleteToo bad about Kent.
John didn't come to work again today - SURPRISE! I suspect he's in a mental institute or something. Tomorrow was supposed to be my last day but Seka was like "Can you come in next week and show us how to make some fillings," etc, as if they can't read and follow recipes. So I'm going Monday, maybe Tues. but I have a dr. appt at 10:30 so we'll see.
I forgot to mention, that as fast as Robby can haul, he smells like BO and he's not the cleanest person ever. But that's not surprising. No one at Pekara is very clean. Anyway his good outweighs his bad.
ReplyDeleteTypical cheesecake-making liberal fiends. Too occupied being socialist ignoramuses to worry about personal hygiene. You'd think someone who can squeeze icing from a squeezy tube for hours on end could squeeze shower gel from a bottle for five whole minutes. However, as time management is obviously their achilles heel, they simply overlook. Que unfortunato.
ReplyDelete