I'm attempting another week in the life journaling. So far, it hasn't been bad although I keep forgetting to take pictures of things.
My days are full. I feel like I've been in a hurry to get things done this week - I get home from my jobs after 5 most of the time. Monday Gary and Betsy came out to help with the house and for supper. Tuesday I had a Dr. appt, and then errands to run - a tire to drop off and pick up again, garage sale items to drop off, and pizza to pick up and get back home around 6. Jason, Ernest, Shane A. and his offspring were here for supper. Wednesday Calvin decided to come for supper. But...it was just the 2 of us tonight!
And John wondered why I was so anxious to head home today. Honestly, I am SO glad I'm not working tomorrow. Dan and Rachel Pamer are coming out Saturday so I need to get the house ready for guests.
After all this whining (yes, I know, I'm being very self-indulgent), I came across a quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson that helped me chill just a bit:
"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."
And we are taking the nephs to the Gamma Phi Circus in Normal tomorrow!!!!!!!!! Looking forward to tomorrow...
Tory thinks that we should come too. I agree with Ralph. Most blunders can be fixed or forgotten. How is the house coming?
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful attitude you have! Coming home tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteAll the exposed sides of the house are covered in foam board. The east side still has the siding so if it's nice tomorrow, he's going to try to tear that off. And put up the foam board too I'd guess.
ReplyDeleteWendy, you should come. :) It's $15 per ticket for adults JSYK. Do a will call on ticketmaster and you'll get them at the entrance tonight.
Wes. Ever the sarcastic one. How much longer are you going to be in school? And any idea where you're going after that?
It runs in the family - sarcasm that is. Those little boys are sure loved and taken care of. Have a blast tonight!
ReplyDeleteI don't know where FVH gets their money because we sure don't have money for some things. It causes angst amongst the employees.
Yes, yes! I just finished up a months-long project. The site visitors are at the airport and I have only 1 thing to fix with the program. I am SO excited to be done (in case you couldn't tell).
ReplyDeleteSharemy: Brain was so proud of Shane for helping. He did help, right? Even though I didn't see any pictures?
Yes ma'am, he helped last Sat., Tues, and Wed.! And he told Jeremy he actually liked it! Surprise, surprise, huh?
ReplyDeleteWhat project are you talking about, Lisa?
I only have two months of school left. I graduate June 25. I applied in Savoy, Austin, and San Diego. Quick update, I have no idea what is going to happen.
ReplyDeleteThanks for clarifying that, Wesley.
ReplyDeleteTo all males, excluding Tory and Jeremy: I have some of Jeremy's old shirts here, some of which are still cool and some of which could only be used as work shirts. I'm sending them to Mom's for any interested party. And I DO NOT want them back.
The cheapskate-always-looking-for-a-bargain couple will be checking them out, I promise.
ReplyDeleteDid someone say "free shirts?"
ReplyDeleteSorry, Tory already took the cool ones.
ReplyDeleteWell, maybe just a little, Wendy. The California shirt is still available though.
ReplyDeleteBrenda Schulz and her husband named their kid Shadrach. Very unfortunate - back to the drawing board on a name in case it's a boy!
Shara, you could go with Kross, what Mr. and Mrs. Gehring named their son.
ReplyDeleteShad is kinda a cool nickname.....
ReplyDeleteThere's another great idea. Not sure Jeremy will be real hot on it though.
ReplyDeleteBlasted wind.
ReplyDeleteit's never windy in cbus (she said smugly).
ReplyDeleteSustaining 38 MPH winds with gusts over 50 are enough to make me want to balance my check book and chew nails. Side Note: just chew nails
ReplyDeleteWe had a lovely evening at Dave and Kara Blunier's. He wanted to have his office staff for a steak dinner in appreciation for administrative assistant day. Rick and Mary Plattner, Richard and Loida Steffen, Dan and Melinda Fehr, Cheryl Ryan (Melinda's Mom), Debbie Spence and I were there. Dave asked Debbie to bring me since she is single. Dave is one of my bosses, but I don't work in his office.
ReplyDeleteThat was nice of him. Dave, that is.
ReplyDeleteHeading to the beach in a moment. :)
BTW, Al, I rarely balance my checkbook. I know its bad but we have automatic withdrawals and debit withdrawals, etc and I pretty much just trust the bank to keep track of things for me. I just make sure that we have enough money in our account.
If anyone laughs, I will shoot them but I'm starting to get cankles, especially when stuck in the car for HOURS at a time. They don't hurt, they just look disgusting. Only 5 more weeks though. And here's hoping maybe a little less.
I balance our checkbooks every month (she said smugly). Although the bank has never messed up.
ReplyDeleteAnd I still have delicate ankles but I have a waip. Figure out what that means.
Arrggg! Our system is down at work and we can't do anything. Sounds like it would be fun, but it is not. I should just leave, but it is Connie's bday and I am buying her lunch.
ReplyDeleteEvery prease risten to me! Jenna berieves that it imporite to spreak rike chinese people! She so poriticarry correct. Just thought I'd ret you know. (She ate with us at the dragon buffet and she reprimanded the entire meal). She racka dis-a-prin.
ReplyDeleteShe also dumped salt in my drink. Cowbreath.
ReplyDeleteShe reprimanded the entire meal? Wish I'd have been there. Fortunately your post is nearly as good as having been there in the flesh.
ReplyDeleteJeremy got some Johnny Cash records at a tag sale in CT. :) Pretty cool.
Found a siding color!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And we're getting some ideas on the porch design finally.
7 days of work left.
What color? We've all been waiting with abaited breath. Can't wait to see the porch design. Your lives are so exciting with new addition to your home and house. Mary Kuntz asked if the baby was here a couple of weeks ago. She said she wants to come see the house once the siding is on.
ReplyDeleteThat's cool. Jeremy's been wanting to get her out here before she keels over. (!) He'd like to see some photos of the house from ages ago if she's got them. There used to be a porch on the side of the house facing the road.
ReplyDeleteRod is putting some cows out here :) so we need to get some fencing out here. How cool.
Here's hoping this baby gets here soonish.
The color is called licorice.
Brain had stated awhile back that he has it so tough out at work but after the last few days I'm not so sure. He didn't work saturday and I did, today he left early and got 2 of Nancy's homemade cinnamon rolls whilst I got one and worked til 8. Oh, and last week he took off to get the sheep sheared while Toto and I were spraying. The pattern emerging has Brain at the top of the pecking order, Tory in the middle, and me getting pooped on!:)
ReplyDeleteActually it's not that bad and since I'm single I guess it is fair. Sharmin I want to come out to your place before the pungent odor of dirty baby diapers fills the air.
ReplyDeleteooooh, alex, being so literary. you'd fit right in with the nerdy glasses set here.
ReplyDeleteand for the record, wes didn't even notice the salt in his drink. he drank the whole thing.
as for the political correctness, it was only to be expected after she'd spent a year a liberal art school where the boys' shorts are short and american spirits are the smokes of choice.
and i don't racka dis-a-prin. i refrained from beaning you the whole meal, didn't i?
ReplyDeleteI stand to be corrected, Brain had FOUR rolls! Swine. . . .
ReplyDeleteAJ, please give him a very hard time about being the favored employee. I think it's hilarious...though not quite as funny as Witty Wesley.
ReplyDeleteHar! Wes likes salty coffee too! Revenge is oh so sweet!
ReplyDeleteOh come on, she obviously did an inferior job! You sowed down that whole mug of coffee and had the gall to tell mim that it was gross and she shouldn't get that anymore. And then you find out about it months later and feel incredibly embarrassed for it. Jenna just failed at a practical joke. Unforgivable.
ReplyDeleteEmbarassed - that is a strech.
ReplyDeleteYou can come out whenever you aren't slaving away, Al, so that might be in like 10 years when you aren't the chocolate drop anymore. Ha! This from the guy who bought a racing four wheeler. And how many little trips have you gone on this year? So, I'm not feeling that bad for you.
ReplyDeleteThe coffee story was pretty good, Wendy, you gotta admit. But then, coffee is your drug of choice so it's understandable that you'd drink it no matter what...those annoying addictions.
My newest coworker, who is baking the bread, is a record 6'8". And like 300#. And of German descent. Go figure.
does seka hire a new person a month?
ReplyDeleteand alex, why on earth do you need a racing four-wheeler?!
This family is so awesome. Coffee, drugs, chinese accents, the dutch, atv's, american spirits, pooped-on peons (pee-ons snerkle), and me, of course. The recipe for a great blog. Me being the salt for the blog's flavor as well as the salt of the earth. And Wendy's coffee.
ReplyDeleteAren't you the clever one, Wes?
ReplyDeleteAnd yeah, Seka does pretty much hire a new person a month. She told me today that I should feel guilty for leaving...maybe but only because the world is riddled with incompetence. And she can't seem to find the few that are. Or encourage them to stay working for her.
Jeremy made supper tonight. And we ate out on our patio. It was great. But then he negated all the good he'd done by telling me that I needed to trim my nose hairs. Please. I'm too delicate to have nose hairs.
But crose wreal crose! (in reference to Lisa's last comment) What annoys me Jen is the fact if someone would've posted that I bought a 4-wheeler, no one could've cared less. But since its a "racing" 4-wheeler now I am a nappy headed fool.
ReplyDeleteAnd Shara, other than my week in Bastrop, which you did as well, I haven't done anything cool save the 2 days in wisconsin, besides weekend trips. You went to COSI and an extended weekend in CT. HUMPH! Who's the trip taker?
ReplyDeleteI stand corrected.
ReplyDeleteold people have nose hairs.....
ReplyDeleteShara, I have to trim my nose hair....have for years. I also have to wax my stache.
ReplyDeleteSee, if everyone knew that you trimmed your nose hair, everyone would know that their extra long nose hair is normal. And would have no need to trim it. Because that's okay. It's when everyone feels alone, that their nose hair is the only long nose hair in the world, that we have problems. That, America (pounds desk) is why we have problems!
ReplyDeleteI trim my nose hair because longer hair traps more dirt which equals more boogers. Hence the nickname "rim reaper"
ReplyDeleteIt was just a highly unsexy comment.
ReplyDeleteNothing super exciting to report from work except that the party never stops.
A phrase that I coined, I might add, Wendy-bird! Give credit where credit is due. Hate to go hungry...
ReplyDelete