We recently got back from a mostly relaxing trip to the Outer Banks in North Carolina. Planning vacations is not my thing but in spite of me, we had a great time. A day or two before we left, Jeremy said it was predicted to rain most of the time we were in NC. And as it happened, it rained the day we drove home. That was it! What luck.
We logged a ridiculous and approximate 30 hours in the van over the entire vacation. But on the plus side, there is a lot of beautiful scenery between here and the east coast. Also lots of traffic in Virginia, as we discovered.
We left our pack n play at home to make room for other things in the van so this is where he got to sleep at Nags Head.
He receives lots of TLC from R & M. Lucky boy...
Jeremy is the unofficially appointed breakfast maker. I was instructed to pack LOTS of bacon and sausage for him.
Jockey Ridge State Park. Mostly a lot of dunes. We were hoping to see some people hang gliding.
Our first trip to the Ocean in Nags Head.
They are both so incredibly cool in their shades.
Catching crabs on the dock outside our little hamlet. The kids are in their puddle jumpers because they made both of us very nervous on the dock so...they had to wear them outside.
He seriously gets little rest from those busy little fingers. His eyes may not make it to toddler hood.
Our hotel was on the Roanoke Sound. Prime spot for a bit of crabbing.
The two enjoying the kiddie pool.
Seriously. I love to watch her color.
The only night we went out for supper. Mama Kwan's was recommended to us - pretty tasty!
Jeremy's parents got to our hotel on Sunday night and we went to the beach right by their hotel. I brought some sparklers and glow sticks for the kids to play with.
The care of a dad - touches my heart.
The pot of crab we caught and cleaned.
Pool fun.
Eating our crab. We all decided we liked west coast crab better. If any Oregonites are reading this, you can gloat for one second... Ok, you're done.
"The claw will get you!!" I love this picture! :)
My view every lovely morning. Sigh.
Jeremy and Jesse rented jet skis one afternoon. River got to ride on it for a bit.
There was an outlet mall just minutes down the road that I hit up quick before it was time to leave. He was my sweet little shopping mate.
I mean, isn't he just the sweetest!?!?!
Trying to take pictures on windy evening.
We went to FatBoyz (yeah, lovely name right?!) for ice cream a few times.
I told him to look "cool". He nailed it.
Enjoying her birthday cake ice cream.
To be continued...(I hope. ;))



















No comments:
Post a Comment