Thursday, May 29, 2014

hello, finn avery, good bye, heart

 Last baby bump picture - at least that's what I was thinking when I snapped this. 41 weeks.
I look...like I'm in labor. I guess that's fair to say. Jeremy is wearing the mask because he'd been battling some respiratory thing for over a week and the nurses thought it would be best if he used it.
I can't stop myself - if I'd have had the energy, I would maybe have tried to wake up my husband. By launching something hard at him. I mean, how dare he sleep if I can't?!?!

He arrived! Finn Avery, 8 lb 6 oz, 21 inches at 6:07 am May 21. And, just like twice before, there goes my heart.
The siblings first meeting.
Brothers! River wasn't sure how he felt about sharing a room and handing down toys and clothes to this little guy.
Admiring tiny little toes.

Back at home sweet home. I am always amazed by those women who like staying in the hospital. My bed is more comfortable, no one comes in my room at 5:10 AM to draw my blood, and my food is better. Also my shower pressure is better. And now that I'm done whining, let me say that I admire you nurse/nurse types that can put up with women like me!


Ah, the picture of delight! Someone loves babies as much as her mother...
A family of 5 now. Crazy how that happened...in some ways, it seems like we just came home from the hospital with River. Or was it Madeira?
Anyway, life is going pretty well with three. Finn is a sweet little guy. My older two have kept up their regular routine of spending most of their time outside, whining/fighting enough to prevent me from thinking I'm a great parent, and managing to be charming still.
I have a book that's subtitled "the abundance, mayhem, and joy of motherhood". That is so where I'm at right now. :) God has certainly been good to all 5 of us.

2 comments: