We ate out at Red Lobster one time when Madeira was an infant and some lady stopped by our table and told us we had the "perfect family" with one little boy and one little girl. After she left, Jeremy asked me if that's how I felt. Sure. That's what I had. That's what was best. But yes, doubling up on something will be interesting.
I didn't bother taking pictures of the snow boots, rain boots, flip flops, toys, the sunglasses, the treasure boxes, her nail polish and hair things, his swords and guns.
I always thought it would be nice to have kids in pairs so they'd have each other to play with but these two get along just fine. Although he will not play dolls (kinda glad actually...), they do play "house" which involves hiding in the closet and making fake food. There is no game, however, that she's not willing to play with him. Sword fights, gun fights, army men, racing with a million little cars and so forth.
The bucket list:
I sifted through Madeira's outgrown clothes so if this little one is a girl, she will have some cute clothes to wear. I haven't gone through River's stuff yet but I have plenty of adorable outfits if it ends up being a boy. I have tiny diapers, baby nuks, the baby equipment out and assembled. My mom is in charge of making a few new burp cloths.
I even bothered to print out a birth plan sheet. Although I'm not really sure why. This is my birth plan: go into labor naturally, have an easy, peasy labor (like 4 hours or less, no other complications and we'll leave it at that), etc. Now how it will really be is...probably not that.
Also finish planting the garden, finish washing the windows, get a little more food in the freezer, defrost the freezer, can't even remember what else...I had some other things such as spring cleaning my laundry room but the organizers I was going to use for it have been backordered for (drumroll, please...) about 4 months now so it will probably have to wait until after number 3 gets here.
Oh yes, and she also had to give up her nuk. I snipped the first one. At first blush it might seem like she was cool with it but the second picture was more like the proper response. I think we're golden now.
The last little bit is typically the hardest, in terms of waiting and anticipation.
Come on, my child, you are welcome here any time (in May, not that I see that being a problem).
**When I talked about planting the garden, Jeremy had a little work to do building a retaining wall before I could. Turned out pretty awesome, right?







Can't wait!!! A little blonde girl Mad's age came into work yesterday & reminded so much of my sweet little niecy. Lonesome for them! Can't wait to see you in June--with a new one!
ReplyDeleteI didn't even think of our family being in the same boat: going from equal numbers of the genders to 2 of one and 1 of the other.
ReplyDeleteI love the toothbrush picture!
ReplyDelete