Friday, May 31, 2013

what comes around, goes around...

My childhood is coming back to haunt me.
I went outside to check on my kids the other day, just to make sure they weren't dead or dying, and I found Madeira barefoot and ankle deep in cow poop, pee, and heaven knows what else.
I remember doing that...and I was old enough to know better...

I also found River hauling around a dead baby possum the other day. Jeremy actually asked me if he was using his bare hands...yes, he was. River seldom asks me for rubber gloves or other sanitary things. I can barely get him to wash his hands. Then I caught the two of them hovering over the mama (also dead, thanks to the dog) and beating it with a stick. Country living around here is not for the squeamish. (Both carcasses are in the dumpster, if you're interested.)
In other news, Jen, Wendy, and I baked many, many cupcakes the other day and put some tart shells together. It wasn't too bad, really. But, as we agreed, baking is 1000 times more fun when you do with your sistahs. :)


3 comments:

  1. Sorry i missed the fun!

    And I did the same thing as Madeira, and I was definitely old enough to know better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember my city friends watching in amazement (or was it disgust?) as I stomped through still warm cow pies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they've got such a, um, interactive relationship, those 2 children of yours:) And I've got an even more impressive photo of the masses of cupcakes we baked!!

    ReplyDelete