Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Coming back...


 I totally thought I would do better at posting than I have. I can't believe it's been well over a month since I last got on this blog!
 So what have I been doing? Jeremy, the kids, and I traveled to the east coast to visit some friends, then Jeremy, Madeira, and I turned around and went to Texas to get a truck for Sealtite.
After all the vacationing, it was time to get down to business. My dear mother came over one day and we made a double batch of salsa, spaghetti sauce, and tomato cocktail.
Also last week one of my sister's longtime friends came to visit so we had a progressive supper, with the finale at our house for dessert. I made a 6 layer chocolate salted caramel cake (thank you, Martha Stewart Living!!) with some help from jr.
Other than that, it's business as usual around here. I won't even go into the boring routine of every day life since I'm sure most of you are well acquainted with it.
I will be at the Fairbury Fair judging the culinary entries this afternoon for an exciting break! I will take the opportunity to tell you that the entries from last year weren't all the impressive (sorry if I'm insulting you here) but I'm sure most of you could do better so go ahead and enter stuff! Just don't tell me if you do so I'm an impartial judge. :)


Rustin and River on a ride at a carnival in Vernon, CT
River and Jeremy at Harkness Beach, CT
Chocolate caramel cake on pink and gold dishes! :)
My sous chef
Some much needed help while canning tomato stuff

Ah! The sweetness that is a little girl!
Uncle Ev, Madeira, and River

4 comments:

  1. That cake looks/sounds delicious and I would so love to watch you be a judge at the fair! How fun is that! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at the fair at noon today. I was hoping maybe our times would overlap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a delicious cake! I think it's funny that Amber is making lemon basil garlic chicken, zucchini rice bake and granola bars today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not really funny, Lisa, when you consider how GOOD all of those dishes are!
    Mary, it's a pretty low key judging. :) I don't have an audience except for the ladies that chair the culinary entries. It was fun though. I'm going to try to get my nephews to enter something next year!

    ReplyDelete