Monday, April 12, 2010





As promised, a new post!
So what do you think of my gorgeous and homemade china hutch? Jen probably needs to come and help me arrange my dishes more creatively and attractively.
The second picture is our fried goat cheese appetizer at The Bread Company in Champaign. Quite delicious.
And the papier mache gazelle is from Anthro. I'm hoping that I can recreate something like that in the future for a fraction of what this little guy would cost me.
Was this short enough for you, Wesley?

35 comments:

  1. Cool cabinet, Jeremy. I think you could recreate that goat, especially with Jenna's help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purty decent cabinet. Looks about as good as Jer's monicals tasted on wednesday!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When are we going to Cafe Luna, girls? When Jenna is home for the summer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since Wes is in Ohio and Alex was working, I had to call Marcus to come and shoot one of my cats. A dying cat. Now dead.
    That should make you cat haters jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to come see the cabinet in person soon. This week has been crazy. Now I am heading outside to do some gardening. If anyone wants some pork bbq for supper, I have tons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Work is probably going to be nuts this week for me too.
    Wendy, I have some tomato plants I'd like to plant in your garden since it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to have one this year yet. some romas and beefsteak. What's the bbq from? BTW, i almost bought some egg cups for you this weekend in W. Bend. Yes, they do have a few (very few) cool things there.
    Why couldn't Bryan shoot the cat?
    And yes, let's go to Cafe L when Jen is home. That's just 4.5 weeks away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bbq was from the fireman meal. I put it in the freezer, but took it out yesterday. It is a huge amount and the boys get sick of it very fast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Naturally.
    Another highly busy day at work tomorrow. I think my new coworker has ADD or something. Ah, well, that will work out well for him when he takes over my job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Has anyone heard how Philip Kaeb got along with his surgery this week? Did he get home?

    I finally went to the dr yesterday to see what is wrong with me. Sinus infection. I am looking forward to feeling better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Phillip is supposed to get home today or tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. didn't know anything was wrong with you, mims. ugh, so ready for a refreshing shower. nothing like working in a hot, dirty kitchen all day.
    w, when are you going to the dr.? "no one is putting a camera up my rump. i never liked how i look in pictures anyhow..." ha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. No Shara you are right. . . . whether or not the camera is up your rump, your picture still wouldn't look good;) sorry i couldn't resist!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am actually feeling better. I think I was dehydrated. I cut back on the coffee and am drinking water at work. Shara, we need to get together this weekend and celebrate that we made it throught this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We finally get airconditioning in our office at work today. It has been very stifling. Cindy K comes into our office and says that she would die if she had to work in there. I've been at FVH over a year now. I love my job and the people I work with, well, most of them and most of the time!!!

    Shara, after you have your baby and you need to come to Fairbury, you can leave your baby with me to babysit at work. Some of the others do that once in awhile. Debbie G has a new grandson named Boyd. One day the parents brought Boyd in so she could babysit while they did some errands in town.

    When are you going to quit work?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Berry, berry good, Shar. You nailed the "short" part, now we just have to work on the "entertaining" and "no foreigner names." Good E, though, good E. And Wendy is cutting back on Coffee!!! Does this mean we have to approach carefully and bear a stick?

    ReplyDelete
  16. No, the lack of coffee isn't so bad. I usually cut back in the summer anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yeah, I like to cut back on the coffee in the summer too. Very dehydrating.
    We should get together, W. We're going to communion in Frby on Sat. night but otherwise, I'm as free as a bird. Think I shall spend some time organizing my garage sale treasures. :)
    BTW, Lisa, Wendy, or Jen - are any of you missing a gift Mom gave us for Christmas a while back - a glass holder with writing on the side and jingle bells inside? I somehow find myself with 2 so I must have taken someones.
    I'm not sure what possessed me to ask your opinion about the blog, Wesley. I really don't care what you think. :0 But I still like you. Pretty sure of that anyway.
    And Jenna - I have some pots and pans, a dining room table, and a small bedside lamp that I'm not using so if you (or Wes) need them, let me know. Mom can store them!
    Mim, if you want to watch the offspring sometime, that's cool with me. I was just thinking today how it's going to be a pain to haul a baby around in the winter in particular. Jodi said I could drop it (hate saying that, can't wait to use a REAL name) off at her house too.
    Lastly, not sure when I'm going to quit work.
    I mean now, lastly, the siding is coming off this weekend and foam board is going up. Still deciding on a color. A few more samples are coming for us to look at. You wouldn't think this could be so hard...but it must be just the right color.
    K, done. (Was this a play-by-play?)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Moost excellent, Shara, well executed.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Most illuminating, all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love my family. I am finishing up another wild week of work. Just one more week then I might be back to normal (i.e. checking my email constantly...)

    ReplyDelete
  21. You too, Lisa? This week has been insane.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just ask Tote or Brain or myself, this week was non compos mentis!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So you crazy boys just got crazier?

    ReplyDelete
  24. crazy week for everyone I guess. And we all survived! I stupidly went to Daves today. Mistake. Big mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  25. i posted a comment yesterday, and it's not there. it must have never posted. did anyone see it?

    ReplyDelete
  26. No, I didn't see it. Repost it if it was worth it :) I'm sure Dave's was exceptionaly busy with their big Big BIg BIG meat sale. I got some meat for grilling this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm still at work. I'm starting to feel like Brain, Tote and Al. Leaving soon, leaving soon.

    ReplyDelete
  28. i think you should privatize your blog

    ReplyDelete
  29. Dropped the boys off to ride in the tractor with Tory. 3 boys, 1 man and 1 small tractor cab. Not my idea of a good time. Then it is off to Monicals to pick up supper to support the HS sophmore class. This weeks is 10x better than last. And I have Monday the 26th off!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. is someone other than us reading the blog?

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm sure they would admit it if they were. This is just for our crazy little family.

    It was another crazy day at FVH. Had four people going to appts, one moved in, one died. Maintenance is putting drywall up in the lobby so there is so much drilling, banging, etc. We say that it just like home there for our residents - calm and serene!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Where does FVH get all this money for renovations? They never seem to stop adding or redoing something.
    6.5 weeks left, people!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  34. wes?...too many carbon monoxide fumes, methinks. it's about time for that baby. i've resolved my yearnings for a girl. a boy would be fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  35. this guy that i work with is convinced that its a boy. but really, what does he know?
    new post coming tonight...

    ReplyDelete