Friday, March 19, 2010

My latest projects




So now that I'm liberated on Fridays (mostly, seeing as how I still go to the turkey farm), I found other ways to kill time.
Such as channeling Martha Stewart and making cherry blossoms from pink and salmon colored vellum. As you can tell, I need to find a better twig to mount them on, but for now, that will just have to work. I broke the utility knife at the turkey farm cutting this cherry branch off. :( Oops.
Then I went to Macy's yesterday since they were having a sale and bought some adorable kid clothes. Mixed gender of course. It would have been more fun to know exactly who to buy them for but I guess being surprised can be fun.
Tonight we're eating supper with Jeremy's family and I volunteered to bring dessert. Naturally. And I decided to try MS's tiramisu cupcakes. I don't like the frosting plain - I don't really like mascarpone cheese that well but the overall effect is pretty good. I'll probably have leftovers that I'll take to set tables at church tomorrow...

14 comments:

  1. Where did you get the name of your blog? Tell me how they like the cupcakes. Evan and I are babysitting for 3 boys tonight. You want a play by play of what we are doing? Sorry, I'm not doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Archie.
    Ev should be painting tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. More later, I need to scoot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, finally home again, with all 3 boys sleeping soundly. I bought roller blades for Ty and Kenny and will teach them how to skate tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ty and Kenny are obsessed with roller blading. That is all I hear about. Can't wait til the weather is nice and I can skate with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ty is pretty good on the roller blades. I can't wait til the weather is nicer for a number of different reasons.
    Soul sister. :)
    Jeremy had a good meeting with the FBI building crew which is cool. And they liked my cake. Also cool.
    How are the babies doing, Lisa? I can't wait to see them. Maybe I should make an Easter card with them. :)
    Glad Jen is home. And i'm really tired. Jeremy was making fun of me the other night for spouting nonsense in a sleep deprived state. Whatever. He should try being pregnant for a little bit. It wears you down. Anyone else know that Corbin and Heidi are having another kid?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The babies are bouncing around. Hopefully the last one will arrive soon - and be a girl!!! Ewenice had 3 boys, can you believe it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, I had no idea that Ashlyn sp? was getting competition. That's cool. So far, the comments are the most exciting part of this blog, Shar. You really have to pick it up; there are many interesting things that you do, such as make me food and host family night. Let's pull it together, alright?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please. Why would I make you food? You aren't even around to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had Marv's 4-wheeler here and i went over to langstaffs to check out the cabin in the woods. It was sweet, not the cabin but the locale. there is a 2 acre pond and its secluded and it runs up almost right next to the cabin. the cabin does have potential though. I guess what i am getting at is everyone needs to start pinching their financial cheeks together so we can buy it some day! What is Jerm doing with the FBI?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh very nice Al, financial cheeks. I think I'll spread that around out here and claim ridiculous amounts of credit for original humor. Is that place for sale or were you just trespassing? And Shara, the mere idea of satisfying my every whim should make cookies pop themselves into the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Funny, funny sibs. Where is the cabin exactly, Al?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd like to pay off my house before I get a cabin personally.
    Wes, I have leftover fruit tarts here - much better than cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thats fine snerb, people will recognize you as a clever man...that you reason well and your wit is bold, and then you can give your brosif all the credit! I was trespassing but if it ever comes for sale. . . The cabin is right off of 2400, you can see it from the road.

    ReplyDelete